Saturday, March 10, 2012

LinxofLove and PRIDE jewellery

I wanted to let you know that I do make Pride jewellery but I want to mention to anyone; especially the younger ones that wearing Pride jewellery is not a prerequisite of being proud. I would be lying if I said I knew where the entire idea of wearing a rainbow colored item signifies pride.

It is more important; in my opinion to be Proud of who you are;rather than what sector of society we are. I am proud of my achievements and am proud of decisions I made and proud of the bad decisions I did not make. For the bad decisions that I did follow through on; I am proud of what I learned

I was proud of all these before "coming out gay" Being gay is not an achievement. For those younger readers; do not feel pressured to wear pride unless it is totally your choice.  If you are questioning; it is up to you and you alone when and if you come out. I have gotten much slack from some; but any counsellor can help you. It does not have to be a "gay" oriented counsellor only. It is my opinion that together we stand and as seperate communities we will falter. These are my own opinions and though I have no Phd or any degrees I believe it is up to the individual to find what is best for him or herself.  We are individuals- we do not have to buy into any self imposed or forced stereotypes.There is one organization I know that is awesome though gay and questioned based; they are a wealth of information and worthwhile to contact. They are truly focused on the well being of youth; no matter which sector they may fall into.  OK2BME

No comments:

Post a Comment